Mission Statement:Â The goal of the Seton Catholic Schools Parent Club is to enhance and support the educational experience at Seton Catholic Schools, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement, and to improve the environment at Seton Catholic School through volunteer and financial support.
Seton Parent Club Chair Committee Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, September 3rd at 7:00 PM-Jennifer Webberâ€™s home
Present:Â Kelly Rolwes, Kari Bahl, Chris Lynch, Jennifer Webber, Jessica Shetler, Molly Knepper, Jessica Walker, Bev Florence, Veronica Farley, Melissa Casey, Brenda Fangmann, Jeni Anglin, Emily Miller, Rachel Kinsella, Brenda Edmonds, Leigh Ann Reisner
Absent: Jodi Kremer, Kristy Pitts, Kari Bockenstoedt
Introductions of committee members:Â WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE TO HELP MAKE SETON CATHOLIC SCHOOL EVEN BETTER!!!Â THANK YOU FOR COMMITTING TO THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE!!Â WELCOME!!Â WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!!
Ice Breaker:Â Two Truths & A LieÂ This was FUN!Â Thanks for going out thereâ€¦and sharing!
- Past Activities:
- Seton Night at Dyersville Aquatic Center:Â another great turnout of 154 people and lots of school supplies donated and given to staff and families in need!
- Â Delegating this yearâ€™s tasks:
- Volunteers still needed:
- Staff Birthdays-Â Chris is working to get this filled!
- Homeroom Parents-Â We are in need of just a few more parents!Â An email will be sent out to try and fill these classrooms!
- Library Volunteers-Â meeting to be set up with Jane Bechen to discuss new changes
- Lunchroom Volunteers-Â We now have every day filled!!!
- Conference Meals-Jessica Shetler & Kelly Rolwes will co-chair this!!
- Book Fairs-Melissa Casey will use the volunteer sheets to find volunteers to help out with this when the time comes!
- Staff Appreciation Week- Jeni Anglin will be in charge of organizing this week!
- THANK YOU to all who volunteered to help with the sub sommittees!!!!Â Your time and dedication is greatly appreciated!
- Volunteers still needed:
- Upcoming Activities:
- 2015-2016 School Year Events:Â (already planned and scheduled)
Apparel Orders- help sorting out on Friday, September 11th-Â will send out a mass text or email to see who can help hand out apparel!!
Popsicles by the Playground 9/13-Â look into moving the date for next year?Â We will discuss the date for the 2016 year at a later meeting!
Seton Skate Nights- September 21st, December 17th, February 29th, April 7th and May 17th
Splash Bash- This will be held on 10/8 and 1/14.Â Admissions will be $8.00!
Trunk or Treat- DATE CHANGE!!Â This will now be held on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18th set up beginning at 4:00 with Trunk or Treat from 5-6 PM!
Grandparents Day Mass- October 23rd â€“cookies & parking will need to be arrangedâ€¦will send out an email to organize this!
Middle School Bowling- Brenda Fangmann is contacting Al Heiberger to see about doing this a few times throughout the year right after school!
Book Fair- November 10 & 11Â and March 15 & 16
Conference Meals- November 10 & 11 and March 15 & 16-
Momâ€™s Night Out- Â Â NOVEMBER 18th!!Â At Thunder Hills from 6-8 PM!Â We will pre-sell the tickets at Parent Teacher Conferences.Â $15 in advance and $20 at the door!
Staff Cookie Walk- December 14th
Catholic Schools Week- February 1st-5th-Parent Club will provide pizzas and ice cream sandwiches one day!
Family Dance Night-Â Friday, February 5th
Movie Night- OUTDOOR movie night in late April!Â Look into using school projector against a wallâ€¦or borrow a screen!
Trivia Night- April 1st
Staff Appreciation Week- May 2-6Â Jeni Anglin will be in charge of organizing this week!
Seton Scramble May 7th (with May 14th being a rain date)
Other News/Open for discussion:
- Family Ambassador letters will go home this week!Â Members will sign up for families to contact during the next week!!Â We will open this up to ALL PRESCHOOLERS and KINDERGARTEN FAMILIES as well so they feel welcome into our school!!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL IDEAS:
- Rock Paper Scissors Tournament
- Outdoor Movie
- Yard Games
- Trivia Night
- Game Night
- Open for discussion:
- Ski Lessons-Kristy Pitts??
- Angel Fund for teachers for holiday gifts (Molly Knepper will talk about it in an upcoming meeting)
- Tether Ball pole FINALLY installed!Â Itâ€™s a hit on the playground
- Bulletin Board is up at the Peosta Campus to alert kiddos to upcoming events!Â Need to get the one up at Farley yet!
Next Meeting:Â TBD